Sunday, March 23, 2014

Something people may not want to talk about....Menstrual products

So, I work with a lovely lady who has decided to try going as Plastic-free as she can for a year (Try googling Non-Plastic Maori). I follow both her blog and her facebook page, and as a result I have really started to become a lot more aware of our plastic waste and where it ends up.
Being a pad user - as opposed to a tampon user - I have in the past, resorted to using sterile rags; Two reasons - I had run out of disposables and or I occasionally developed an allergy to the pads themselves.

I did a bit of my own investigations on the net and found a link to another blog with full instructions, plus pattern, for making your own. http://sewgreen.blogspot.co.nz/2007/05/cloth-pads.html

Fortunately I had purchased squares of brightly coloured flannel at the Salvation Army last year - really cheap, and I still hadn't found a use for them.
 Now I just have to make the inserts before 'that time of the month rolls around' :P

2 comments:

  1. wanting to try these. i already use sea sponges as tampons. do these slip and slide in your undies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they don't, once you have the inner padding in they fit quite secure.

      Delete